Initiatives taken by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India (PSA’s Office) in the security sectors of the country are:
- Development of infrared sensor for night vision devices using GaAs/ AlGaAs based QWIP structures. Oil Spill Management.
- Development of bulk encryption system and a secret algorithm.
- Development of an explosive detector based on Ion Mobility Spectrometry Technology.
- Development of a Readout Integrated Circuit for an 8X8 QWIP array.
- Development of a Test Bed for the evaluation of QWIP arrays.
- Development of Micro Cantilever based Sensors for detection of vapours of explosive chemicals.
- Development of Aerosol Preconcentrator for use with Chemical Sensors.
- Development of Read-Out Integrated Circuit (ROIC) for 320x256 Quantum Well Infrared Photodetector (QWIP) arrays.
- Stand-off detection of explosives based on immunochemical techniques.