Current Size: 100%
- About Us
- Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet (SAC-C)
- Policy Initiatives
- Synergy Projects
- IT Activities
- Presentations/Media Gallery
Initiatives taken up for enhancing the energy security of the country:
- Development of the Integrated Gasification Combined Cycle (IGCC) Technology, as suited to coal gasification based power generation in India.
- Development of LED materials and devices for Climate Friendly Energy Conservation.
- Development of the Advanced Ultra Supercritical Technology for coal-based Power Generation.
- Launching of the Pre-project R&D for the Development of Boilers with Advanced High Temperature Materials.
- Launching of the Pre-project R&D for the design and development of blade profiles for high pressure turbine for Advanced Ultra Supercritical Parameters.
- Development on Super Bright White Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) for Solid State Lighting (SSL) Applications.
- Supported to establish the technical feasibility of upgrading a 6.2 MWe IGCC technology based thermal demonstration plant of the Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Tiruchirappalli, to~ 100 MWe..
- Prepared the Mission Document for 9th National Mission on Clean Coal (Carbon) Technologies under the National Action Plan on Climate Change (NAPCC).
Constituted an Apex Committee for an Integrated Photonics Initiative to develop a Road Map for research and development in various streams of Photonics, thereby identifying the thrust areas. The identified thrust areas are
- Laser Diodes and Laser Diode Arrays.
- Fibre Lasers.