Current Size: 100%
- About Us
- Scientific Advisory Committee to the Cabinet (SAC-C)
- Policy Initiatives
- Synergy Projects
- IT Activities
- Presentations/Media Gallery
Core Advisory Group for Research and Development in the Machine Tools
Indian Machine Tool Industry has the capability to manufacture the whole range of machine tools. The industry has good design strength and all its current products are the result of the industry’s own design and development efforts. But the industry suffers from the lack of a strong R&D which is required to propel it to the development of machine tools of the latest technology to compete with the best from abroad.
The Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India, constituted a Programme Advisory Committee for R&D in the Machine Tools Sector (PAC) renamed as the Core Advisory Group for R&D in the Machine Tools Sector (C-MAT) to promote the manufacture of high-tech machine tools through enhanced research and development (R&D) and better interaction between the academia and the industry.
The aim of the committee is to develop a Technology Road Map for the country’s Machine Tools sector, identifying the thrust areas for Research and Development in that sector, examine the technology gaps in the Machine Tools sector, generate project proposals and recommend specific intervention programmes in the short and long term, identify individuals/groups and institutions, with core competence and recommend inter-institutional collaboration. Few projects under this programme are:
- Modelling of Thermally Induced Errors in CNC Machine Tools
- Development of a New Model Using Dynamic Stress Profiles for (a) Prediction of Bearing Residual Life and (b) Deciding Optimal Condition Monitoring Intervals
- Development of a Next Generation High Precision Grinding Machine Tool